FERNANDO TRUEBA - Film Directing Workshop 20-21 May 2017 Porto, Portugal
Temple Clark STORYBOARDING IN FILM Workshop London 8-9 July
2 Days HOURS
28/29 . 10 . 2017
LOCATION: London UK
PRICE: 399GBP (299GBP Until 5th Jun April)
ABOUT CLIFFORD DE SPENSER
Clifford De Spencer is an English born Dialect Coach, who has worked with some of the industry’s most renowned actors and directors, throughout his career of over 30 years.
Spencer, who, among a wide list of credits, has worked in films such as The Constant Gardener and Saving Private Ryan, as well as TV shows like The Borgias and Tyrant, first graduated in English Language and Literature in Oxford University. Following his graduation, he spent five years teaching English as a Second Language, time during which he acquired fluency in French, German and Italian and developed skills in the areas of interpreting and classical singing. Spencer then completed the Advanced Diploma in Voice Studies at the Central School of Speech and Drama and has worked consistently due to his insight into the spoken and written language, broad cultural perspective, as well as his flexible and practical approach to working with actors, singers, directors, screenwriters and producers.
Spencer teaches phonetics, voice production and the effective use of spoken English and coaches actors in English - Standard, Regional and Foreign accents - and major European languages (French, German, Italian and others) for film, television, theatre and the recording studio. The list of actors he has coached is both extensive and impressive. It includes, among many others, actors Gerard Depardieu, Willem Dafoe, Harvey Keitel, Kevin Bacon, Naomie Harris, Gong Li, Heath Ledger, Mads Mikkelsen, Ashraf Barhoum, Orlando Bloom, Dominic Cooper, Gemma Arterton, Liam Cunningham, Gaspard Ulliel, Hiroyuki Sanada and Tadanobu Asano.
Throughout his career Spencer has also worked with directors such as Werner Herzog, Peter Brook, Steven Spielberg, Andy and Larry (Lana) Wachovski, Ridley Scott, Neil Jordan, Fernando Meirelles, Peter Webber, Shekhar Kapur, Matthew Vaughn, Lee Tamahori, Tom Tykwer, Justin Theroux, Tom Hooper, Steve Coogan, Louis Leterrier, Denys de La Patelliere, James McTeigue, Ole Bornedaal, Coky Giedroyc, Vincent de Brus, David L. Cunningham, Alexandre Aja and Jon Amiel.
VOICE SPEECH AND ACCENT IN FILM
The Voice Speech and Accent in Film workshop will focus on a diversity of topics of the art of Voice Speech and Accent, you will have the chance of not only receive this knowledge from Clifford de Spenser, but also interact in a very strong way, as the group will have up to 25 participants, making it extremely practical and interactive. You will also have the opportunity to assess the issues you encountered on your films, and receiving the feedback to unblock situations in the future.
A day of interactive coaching, where the participants will experience something similar to what an actor experiences working with a dialogue coach for a specific project with a script. Topics depending on participants’ background, their questions and individual needs.
● introduction to the situation that exists on an international movie and preparation for the work the dialogue coach (face to face or via Skype).
● what's involved in the voice training? The role of relaxation, posture, breath, movement of the body, etc.
● interpreting scripts – understanding and exploring the text;
● deciphering characters, directing yourself and delivering believable performances - how to use voice to project outward emotion, matching it with body movements to interpret text and present a story.
● methods of accent reduction - posture and breathing; increasing clarity of diction; understanding of rhythm, tempo, pace, intonation and pitch range, increasing confidence.
● practice texts
Professional aspects of working in the industry.
● the role of a voice coach on set
● the position of a coach as a specialist consultant and not an integral crew member on all films
● a walk through a typical day on set
● hierarchies, relationships with actors, directors,
● set etiquette
● tools to take away and apply to audition pages – simple tricks and a check list of tasks
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANT
The workshop designed for, Actors, Directors, 1stAD, Producers, Film Students, Acting Students, Acting Coaches, or anyone with an interest in Voice Speech and Accent in Film
LOCATION OF THE WORKSHOP
Duration: 2 days
Dates: 28th-29th of October 2017
Location: London UK
Price: 399GBP (299GBP with 25% discount until 5th June)
Maximum number of participants: 25
By registering to the workshop you agree with FFL terms and Conditions